Like many school districts, Holtville Unified posts the majority of job openings to the EdJoin website. Click here to be directed to the HUSD job postings site on EdJoin.
Current Job Openings
Multiple Subject - Grades K-5 for 2022/23 SY
JOB DESCRIPTION: Teacher (K-12) DUTIES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Appropriate California credential.
- CBEST completed
- PROCEDURE: Applicant must submit:
- Completed HUSD application.
- Letter of application (Cover Letter)
- Copy of proper credential.
- Current resume.
- Copy of transcripts.
- Placement file, if available, and 3 letters of recommendation.
All properly completed applications will be reviewed and the most appropriately qualified individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process. Prior to appointment, a prospective employee will be required to pass a fingerprint clearance at the District’s expense.
Non-Discrimination-Title IX Statement: The Holtville Unified School District offers equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin or disability. The Title IX Coordinator is Celso Ruiz, Superintendent.
Sexual Harassment Statement: It is the policy of the Holtville Unified School District, in keeping with efforts to establish and maintain an environment in which the dignity and worth of all members of our district are respected, that sexual harassment of students and employees is unacceptable conduct and will not be tolerated.
An affirmative action equal opportunity employer. The Holtville Unified School District work sites are tobacco free.
- California credential authorizing instruction in subject area.
- Sufficient to meet credential requirements.
- None required
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to implement the subject matter, philosophical, social and education concepts relative to the duties and responsibilities listed on this job description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select and order supplemental materials.
- Attend job-related meetings and activities.
- Perform other duties as directed by the administration.
- Cooperates with school administration in providing displays and programs for the school and community, and in sponsoring fairs, clubs and contests.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual pupil’s progress.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school of assignment and/or on a District level. May teach under modular or flexible scheduling plans.
Professional Attitudes, Responsibilities and Participation:
- Performs basic attendance accounting and business services as required.
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities and participates in faculty committees.
- May plan and coordinate the work of aides, teacher assistants, or other professionals.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the District and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Person to whom responsible is the school site Principal.
- Evaluator – school site Principal or Vice Principal.
- Persons responsible to Teacher are those designated by the school site Principal.
Speech & Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)
This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Special Education and the general direction of the licensed/credentialed Speech-Language Pathologist. Under general supervision assists in providing instruction specific to the area of speech and language communication to students identified as having special needs; monitors the use if augmentative communication devices and systems.
Requirements / Qualifications
AA or completion of two years of college level coursework.
Speech - Language Pathology Assistance License
Three letters of Recommendation (One of the letters needs to be on behalf of your most current supervisor)
Copy of Transcript
Comments and Other Information
Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
For positions that the District has indicated a paper application is to be submitted, please see PDF versions below.