Interdistrict Petition Information
For all 2023-2024 Interdistrict Petitions Please Attach Proof of Residence
The preferred window to submit an interdistrict petition is: February 1st through April 15th for the following school year.
Interdistrict petitions submitted after April 15th will be considered and based on available space including the reason for the transfer request listed on the interdistrict petition.
- Students requesting to attend the Holtville Unified School District must first be released from the district of residence.
- Students requesting to be released to attend a school district outside of the Holtville Unified School District must also complete an Interdistrict Request.
- A fillable electronic version of the interdistrict petition form is available below. The form will be accepted via email (email@example.com) or may be delivered by hand or through interdistrict mail from the district of residence after an approved release.
- All requests are processed in the order received and approved or denied based on space in that particular grade level.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Petition processing may be delayed during summer (June, July, and August) due to limited staffing.
- Returning Interdistrict applications are no longer required, but an HUSD local Interdistrict contract is required annually.